Last updated: 8th October, 2015.
Who is responsible for personal information collected on the Site?
Onebed Pty Ltd (ACN 605 440 953) is the Site owner and operator, and is responsible for the Site’s processing of your personal data and may be contacted by email at email@example.com.
- Functional cookies: These improve the user experience, for example by remembering previously entered information so you do not need to enter it twice, for example when logging on.
- Analytics cookies: These collect a mix of personal information which in some circumstances could identify an individual such as IP address and also aggregated anonymous demographic and statistical data.
Protection of minors
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 years and we do not intentionally collect, store or in any way use personal information from children younger than 13 years. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In cases where you have authorized a minor (someone under 18 years of age) to use the Site or Services, you acknowledge and agree that you are fully responsible for:
- the online conduct of such minor
- controlling the minor’s access to and use of the Site or Services; and
- the consequences of any misuse by the minor.
What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion, true or false and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual. Put more simply, personal information is information that may identify you as a specific individual.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us. We collect the following personal information:
- Our web Contact Form is configured to collect your name and email address if you use the web form to contact us.
- If you purchase goods through OneBed we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, age and credit card details.
- We collect the email address you use for your PayPal account if you make a payment to us.
- We may also collect your personal information if you provide it to us through what you write in our web contact form or by email to us.
- We may also personal information if you provide it in any comments or testimonials you provide.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when you send us an email, fill out a web form, or order or pay for products or services.
If you choose not to provide personal information
You always have the choice to not provide us with your personal information. However, it may not be possible to make full or proper use of the Site if your personal information is not provided to us.
How we use personal information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with products and/or services
- Collect any applicable payments via PayPal
- To improve customer service: For example, where your contact information helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently
- To improve the Site: For example, we may use feedback you provide to improve the functionality and performance of the Site
- To send emails with general information about Site related special offers and promotions, or other Site news and updates.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, expect to the extent necessary to assist you in relation to a purpose listed above. For example, we share your information as necessary with third party suppliers. We will never sell or rent your personal information.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal information about visitors whenever they interact with OneBed. This is mainly in the form of aggregated and anonymous data. This non-personal information may include information on visitors such as the type of browsers and operating systems used to access OneBed, search terms and search engines used, time spent on various pages and other similar statistical information. Sometimes IP address is included and you are advised there are circumstances where an IP address may be able to identify an individual and in that context becomes personal information.
The Site uses appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Retention of personal information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as it is needed to process your transactions and to meet the requirements of business record retention requirements.
Sharing your personal information
Personal information you disclose when using the Site
The Site does not allow you to post and interact with other users and communicate by means of its online functions. However, we do receive emails and messages via our Contact Form and through email and cannot control your choice to disclose personal information in this way when using the Site.
Cross-border disclosure of your information
Your acceptance of these terms
Accessing, updating or correcting your personal information
You may request access, updates and corrections to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us by email to email@example.com. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Announcements and Special Offers
We may use your name and email address to provide you with announcements and special offers. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to terminate your access to some or all content or services to you if we cannot communicate with you by email. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without first notifying you.
Release of Personal Information for legal reasons
We may release your personal information for legal reasons:
- When we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order).
- To protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the website.
- To protect our rights or property.
- If we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
Feedback to us
We have feedback functionality on the Site that allows you to submit comments, suggestions, or bugs found. We may collect your name and email address in order to follow up with you or thank you for a suggestion.
If you have any complaints or concerns please contact us by email to email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001. Telephone: 1300 363 992. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Change of Site ownership